September is National Preparedness Month, encouraging businesses to prepare for safety and business continuity during and after harsh weather or natural disasters.
After experiencing rough weather, many companies have trouble figuring out where to start in rebuilding the business and restoring security to employees. This checklist will help in assessing your business' safety while picking up the pieces.
Back to Business Checklist:
- Reestablish contact with employees, vendors, and clients.
- Call your insurance agent to report damages and loss in income.
- Call Nextep for workers' compensation claims, payroll, and benefits.
- Have the premises professionally inspected for structural integrity.
- Assess your existing emergency plan and make changes as needed.
- Employees may be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) for wages lost during the disaster. Instruct them to contact the state's Employment Commission for further information.
For more information, visit ready.gov/business. For assistance in developing or reviewing your company's Emergency Preparedness Plan, contact Nextep's HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-811-5150.