Using less paper in your company can cut costs, increase productivity, assist with organization, and help the environment. There are several ways Nextep can help your company use less paper in 2011.
- Online W-2. Employees can go to www.w2copy.com before January 12 to sign up using company code iw2345 to receive the W-2 by email rather than mail. Employees can also find their electronic W-2 forms after January 30 by visiting Nextep.com and logging into Webstep.
- Direct Deposit. Eliminate stop payment fees and labor tracking down lost checks by using direct deposit. Plus, you can feel secure knowing that employees will get paid on time, even in bad weather.
- Pay Cards. Some employees prefer not to use direct deposit. In these cases, pay cards can be a good alternative, allowing employees to automatically allocate their paychecks to a special debit card.
- Time Clock. A computerized time clock eliminates the stacks of paper timesheets and can control labor costs, increase accuracy, and decrease error or fraud.
- Online Reports. Reports and copies of check stubs are available electronically on Webstep. This significantly reduces the time lost filing or shuffling through papers.
- Paperless Payroll. Companies who utilize paperless payroll (100% direct deposit or pay cards and online reports) eliminate the delivery fees, which include overnight delivery, mailing of checks, and report printing.