When accusations of harassment are brought, it is important for the company to act quickly and fairly in conducting an investigation. The person(s) conducting the investigation should be impartial, knowledgeable of the harassment policy, and have good interviewing skills.
Questions to ask someone who has been accused of harassment include:
- What is your response to the allegations?
- If the harasser claims that the allegations are false, ask why the complainant might lie.
- Are there any persons who have relevant information?
- Are there any notes, physical evidence, or other documentation regarding the incident(s)?
- Do you know of any other relevant information?
Contact Nextep's HR Department immediately if any allegations of harassment arise at your workplace.