After natural disasters, companies start the work of rebuilding and restoring security to employees. Use the list below to assess your company's safety while picking up the pieces.
- Reestablish contact with employees, vendors, and clients. The Red Cross Safe & Well check-in may initially verify someone's safety when phones are down.
- Have the premises professionally inspected to ensure structural integrity.
- Call your insurance agent to report damages and loss in income.
- Contact Nextep for assistance with workers' compensation, payroll, and benefits.
- Employees may be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) for wages lost during the disaster. Each state provides further information:
Oklahoma DUA | Texas DUA
- Assess your existing emergency plans and create new ones:
Emergency Response Plan | Business Continuity Plan
For additional information, assistance, or accommodations, contact Nextep's HR Department.